Saturday, December 17, 2011

of korea singer ali reveals she was also a victim of rape

korea singer ali gets criticized for lyrics in song “na young”. reveals she was also a victim of rape: "Na Young" (나영이) is a song written and composed by Korean singer ALi (울컥) about a young girl who was violently raped and assaulted in 2008. The release of the song caused controversy. Netizens criticised that it was disrespectful to Na Young (the victim’s pseudonym) to bring up the issue again.

Korean singer ALi released a statement and held an emergency press conference to address the controversy surrounding her song, "Na Young".

The lyrics in "Na Young" that got criticized the most were

    You threw away your youth, selling your body, selling your soul, your entire helpless life has been stolen from you

ALi revealed that she too was a victim of rape.

    I will now tell you the secret I have kept in my heart for three years, a secret that no one other than my father, mother, and sibling knew of. I apologize again for telling you so late.

    I am a victim of rape.....In June of 2008, I was raped by a hoobae I knew from a group I was a part of. I was cruelly abused. I was hit in the face with a fist and suffered a broken cheekbone, needing four weeks of rest to recover. I was taken somewhere in a cab while unconscious, and I was raped. That hoobae, that criminal was arrested and taken to court. During the 1st round, he received a prison sentence of two years (suspended for four years) along with 200 hours of community service. However, due to the fact that there were no witnesses and evidence, he was deemed not guilty on the charges.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 News Update • All Rights Reserved.
back to top